I hope you are all safe and well despite the third COVID wave. I just wanted to update you on our season and how we are able to supply maple syrup to you safely.
Well, the good news first! Due to an early finish to the season we are almost done cleaning up and we only have about half our usual firewood to do. The heat in March shortened the season and reduced the amount of firewood we burned. The lines in the bushes are all clean. Next we will work on the evaporator, RO machine and the barn itself. We will work to restock our firewood after that.
Our total syrup output is down about 40%, but fear not, we will have enough to supply everyone. Also, we have produced a good amount of dark syrup for those fans of that stronger flavour. In the next few weeks we will actually bottle some very dark too.
To keep everyone safe from COVID, we are offering safe ways for you to purchase our maple products.
- Farm Store honour system cash purchase:
- You can just drop by and buy from our farm store on the honour system with cash. I keep the store well stocked and check it regularly. If you need help, I’m not usually far away. There is sanitizer in the store and we ask that only one group enter at a time
- Order on our website for on farm pickup.
- Just visit our website store and away you go! You’ll need a credit card and need to fill out your address even though you are picking up. I just need a couple of hours to get your order organized and out in the store for a COVID safe pickup.
- Order on our website for free local delivery.
- Mid week I am doing deliveries between Barrie and Penetanguishene. With a minimum order of $25, I will drop the order at your house. Just visit the website store and select the local delivery option when checking out.
- This week, have your orders in by Tuesday night and I’ll deliver on Thursday.
- If you have trouble with any of these options, just call 705-526-8036 or email email@example.com and we’ll figure out something that works for you.
I also expect to have a shipping option available soon for plastic jugs only.
Here’s our product and price list for this year.
Our pricing remains the same for 2021. We have amber and dark grades available at the moment.
- 250 ml glass & plastic $8.50
- 500 ml glass & plastic $15.00
- 750 ml glass whiskey $21.00
- 1 L glass & plastic $26.00
- half gal. glass, 2 L plast. $42.00
- Gallon glass, 4 L plastic $75.00
Don`t forget we have maple candy, butter and sugar too!
- maple candy: 5 large pc. or 10 small $5.00
- maple butter: 160 g or 330 g $7/$12
- maple sugar: half or full pound $8/$14
Click here to order for pickup at the farm, local delivery, or shipping.
We will be delivering mid-week between Barrie and Penetanguishene for free with a $25 minimum order starting the week of April 1st. Orders in by Tuesday will be delivered Wednesday or Thursday.
Take care, and thanks for supporting your local maple syrup producer!